HELP

SESTINI at unisi.it SESTINI at unisi.it
Fri Apr 21 09:43:12 EST 1995

>From: klcrowley at aol.com (KLCrowley)

>Has anyone had any luck patch clamping PMNs?  I am new to the this field.
>My PMNs keep degranulating.  Is there any way to prevent or delay
>degranulation?

Platelets, mast cells and eosinophils can survive several days on a
feeder layer of fibroblasts. I guess the same is true for PMNs.

Several years ago, Mike B. Blennerhassett at McMasters was using patch clamp
to study mast cell-nerve interaction with John Bienenstock and he had the
same problem with spontaneous mast cell degranulation. The problem was solved
when I gave him a few coltures of rat fibroblasts. Any fibroblast line should
do, except those from mice with Steel mutation (J Cell Physiol 1991, 147:224).

I was there in 1986 - you may try a Medline search after that period, maybe
from 1988.

Piersante

Piersante Sestini   sestini at unisi.it
Istituto di Malattie dell'Apparato Respiratorio
Viale Bracci 3, I-53100 Siena, Italy
Tel +39 (577) 299794/299711   fax +39 (577)280 744