Awesome visuals for Planetarium Show needed

sysop at microbiol.org sysop at microbiol.org
Sat Apr 22 07:39:01 EST 1995

IJ>I am producing a planetarium show on the human body, to be distributed to
IJ>museum
IJ>and school planetariums later this year. The show will use the domed
IJ>projection
IJ>screen of the planetarium to produce dramatic views of "inner space." As par
IJ>of the production, I am seeking sources for scanning electron micrographs
IJ>(SEM),
IJ>time lapse microscopic "movies," and/or computer animations of the following
IJ>subjects, and will be greatful to receive email from anyone who can help:

IJ>Red blood cells (SEM)
IJ>Macrophages (SEM)
IJ>Bone cells (SEM)
IJ>Muscle cells (SEM)
IJ>Nerve cells (SEM)
IJ>Bacteria (SEM)
IJ>Viruses (SEM)
IJ>T-cells (SEM)
IJ>B-cells (SEM)
IJ>Schistosome worm (photograph)
IJ>Hair cells of inner ear (SEM)
IJ>Rods and cones of retina (SEM)
IJ>Taste buds (SEM)
IJ>Muscle tissue with neurons connecting (SEM)
IJ>Bacteria reproduction (timelapse)
IJ>T-cells attacking foreign microbe (timelapse)
IJ>Bacterial cells bursting from effect of antibiotics (timelapse)
IJ>Viral replication (timelapse)
IJ>Virus metamorphosing its protein coating (computer animation)
IJ>Any wireframe computer models of viruses that could be computer animated

IJ>My academic training is astronomy; I appreciate your help with this!

IJ>John Stoke, Sky-Skan, 219 E. Montgomery Street, Baltimore MD 21230
IJ>tel. & fax: (410) 547-1438
IJ>email: jonstoke at clark.net

I cannot supply John with these files, although I wish I could.  A main
reason for the existence of The Microbiology BBS is to serve as a
repository of such files.  I would appreciate being sent a copy of any
such files, and I will make them available on the BBS.

Thanks.

Scott Sutton

--
The Microbiology BBS                                          817-557-0330 (USA)
      Dedicated to the biologist in industry, academics, and health care.