BSI Press and PR Job

Dr Adrienne Morgan MorganA at dumpling.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 05:46:49 EST 1995

Press and Public Relations person wanted by The British Society for Immunology

To co-ordinate activities celebrating the bicentenary of Edward Jenner's
First vaccination in 1796

If possible, we would like to recruit a public relations professional with a
strong science background.  But if you are a scientist, preferably an
Immunologist, and are interested in, or have some experience of,  press and PR
work we would like to hear from you.  The post would suit a new post doc
wanting to diversify into a new area.

She or he will need to exude enthusiasm and commitment; to be a self starter;
to work in harmony with the Society's seven staff in its offices in
Wandsworth; and to be an excellent communicator with scientists and lay
people.   Experience with modern information technology is essential.

The post will be initially on a fixed term contract of up to 2 years at a
salary of up to 17,000 GBP, but the intention and expectation is that the
successful candidate will seek and will be offered a full-time post with a
wider brief.

The Society aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
We very much regret that our offices are not easily accessible by wheelchair.
We operate a non-smoking policy.

Please email MorganA at dumpling.demon.co.uk if you are interested

All communication will be treated in confidence.