BSI Press & PR Job (repost)

Dr Adrienne Morgan MorganA at dumpling.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 08:31:57 EST 1995

Press and Public Relations person wanted by The British Society for Immunology

To co-ordinate activities celebrating the bicentenary of Edward Jenner's
First vaccination in 1796

The British Society for Immunology is a learned society and registered charity
whose object is to advance the science of Immunology for the benefit of
the public.  We want to raise the profile and influence of the science over
the next few years and hope to develop the Society's communications and media
relations strategy; and co-ordinate major events in connection with the Jenner
bicentenary.

If possible, we would like to recruit a public relations professional with a
strong science background.  But if you are a scientist, preferably an
Immunologist, and are interested in, or have some experience of,  press and PR
work we would like to hear from you.  The post would suit a new post doc
wanting to diversify into a new area.

She or he will need to exude enthusiasm and commitment; to be a self starter;
to work in harmony with the Society's seven staff in its offices in
Wandsworth; and to be an excellent communicator with scientists and lay
people.   Experience with modern information technology is essential.

The post will be initially on a fixed term contract of up to 2 years at a
salary of up to 17,000 GBP, but the intention and expectation is that the
successful candidate will seek and will be offered a full-time post with a
wider brief.

The Society aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
We very much regret that our offices are not easily accessible by wheelchair.
We operate a non-smoking policy.

Please email MorganA at dumpling.demon.co.uk if you are interested

All communication will be treated in confidence.