Deglycosylating (?????) IgG

ANDREI POPOV ANDREI.POPOV at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 16:06:56 EST 1995

> >Does anyone have any experience or references for protocols for
deglycosylati
ng
> >antibodies, specifically IgG?
>
> >Any (useful!) suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>                           useful???????
>
> Try tunicamycin

<Tunicamycin will not deglycosylate - it merely prevents formation of
<dolichol-linked oligosaccharides - and so is a biosynthetic inhibitor.

Thanks for the info

<The partially-cryptic site of IgG oligosaccharides would create
<difficulties in using enzymatic deglycosylation, whilst using non-
<denatured IgG.

Sorry, but I could not understand this...
So far I have not heard any complaints about the usage
of the drug

Andrei

Andrei