help: cytospins from mouse hematopoietic cells

Howard T. Petrie h-petrie at ski.mskcc.org
Wed Aug 2 06:44:49 EST 1995

We would like to make good cytospins from mouse hematopoietic cells
(mainly lymph node, bone marrow, and blood) for morphology and
immunohistochemistry.  Some years back, I used to do this with human cells
with good results, but now our slides appear uneven in distribution, and
the cells themselves are distorted.  Does anyone have any insights (or a
methodological reference) as to which parameters are critical, i.e.,
speed, time, sample volume, sample concentration, serum concentration,
etc.?  Responses can be posted here or sent by e-mail to
h-petrie at ski.mskcc.org.  Thanks.