Movie "Outbreak"

John Cherwonogrodzky jcherwon at dres.dnd.ca
Tue Aug 22 17:56:38 EST 1995

Dear Immunologist:
     My wife who has no science background, saw the movie and commented
during the show, "There's 2500 people in that town, they said they needed at
least 400 ml per person, how can they get 1000 litres out of that little
monkey?" I said they just squeezed the little guy very hard.
     Although the movie was "out by a country mile", it did show aerosol
transmission very well and did indirectly show the potential and benefits of
new cloning methods whereby genetic sequences from immunized animals can be
placed as cassetts into human immunoglobulin sequences. ..John