high-titer rabbit Abs

qx01940 at inet.d48.lilly.com qx01940 at inet.d48.lilly.com
Tue Aug 22 14:22:50 EST 1995

Despite several successes in the past 10 years I am encuntering problems
raising high-titer and high-affinity abs in rabbits using fusion proteins from
E. coli. We have immunized 100ug of protein in CFA followed by 100ug in IFA and
100ug in PBS in three week intervals. Injections have been subscapula. This
scheme generally gives us high titer sera. Knowing that rabbit immunization/Ab
generation is somewhat of a black box, I am stuck.
I would appreciate some suggestions on boosting to up the titer.
Thanks in advance,
Mo