hypogammaglobulenemia

Sonia Vohnout vohnout at wormhole.mmsi.com
Thu Aug 24 15:20:11 EST 1995

Is anyone in this newsgroup familiar or has this immunodeficiency?
I have been battling with this problem for the last 2 years.
I was diagnosed 4 years ago, but lived very well and
infection free for 2 years after diagnosis.  I have had two babies since.
After my first son started day care (last year), I have been continously
suffering from a chronic sinusitis and frequent bronquitis.
I live on antibiotics and GammaGuard Infussions.  It is not a fun
life.  If I get off antibiotics, within a couple days I have a new
sinus infection.  In order to help me, the doctors suggested a sinus
surgery.  The surgery only made things worse.  Now
I have haemophilus influenza, pseudomonas and strep in my sinuses.
I have tried with  no success augmentin, cipro, ceclor, amoxicillin,
 and penicillin.

Does anyone out there have similar problems or has suggestions to
help me improve my current health condition?

-Sonia Vohnout
Modular Mining Systems
3289 E. Hemisphere Loop
Tucson, AZ 85706