IgM capture/competitive ELISA

David Beasley d.beasley at qut.edu.au
Mon Aug 28 00:25:47 EST 1995

I have a panel of IgM monoclonal antibodies which I have been trying
to use in a competitive capture ELISA as a lead-in to epitope mapping.
However, at least half of these antibodies do not capture antibody when
they are coated onto a flexible 96-well ELISA plate (I think that they
are probably not coating properly).  I have tried pH 9.0 borate saline
and two separate carbonate buffers as my coating buffer without success.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a coating buffer or system which
may be more successful with IgMs?

Thanks,

David B.

David Beasley