Mycoplasma comtamination of hybridoma?

user at user at
Thu Aug 31 12:02:44 EST 1995

   I'm seeking info on characteristics, diagnostsis, and treatment of
mycoplasma contamination in hybridoma cell lines. I have suspected
contamination in one of my cell lines since I have had recurrent
problems with solid tumor production and continually recieve "bloody"
ascites. The cells, however, grow at a satisfactory rate and there has
been no drop in MAb performance.
   Suggestions of products and/or protocol would be appriecated.

                             									Thanks   matt at