Study results in on new immunomodulator

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Mon Aug 28 23:42:06 EST 1995

Merry Stewart (intermed at bga.com) wrote:

: A new immunomodulator has just finished a one year study
: with 192 HIV + patients. Of particular note concerning the
: study results were:
:
: "The application of Factor-R substantially influenced CD8
: cells. The main effect was noted in subjects of Group I
: (CD4 < 200) - individual values of CD8 increased or
: remained stable in 55.6% and 73% of the subjects after
: therapy for three and six months respectively."

I thought that the levels of CD8's doesn't really change in HIV patients.
Its' their lack of response ("anergy to the disease) that ia the problem.
I don't think by simply increasing the number of cells, it really means
anything. Can they show activity with these cells??\

ANybody out there wanna start a debate/discussion on the function of
CD-8's in HIV infection? Why do you think they remain unresponsive? This
could be an entertaining talk.
Please post, so we can have a healthy exchange of ideas,
Cheers
--
				_/\_
			       _\  /_