Need help with T-cell proliferation assay

David Parker parkerd at
Wed Dec 13 17:51:20 EST 1995

In article <1995Dec12.235027.25140 at>,
ttha at (Tom Thatcher) wrote:

> ...I am trying to do a T cell proliferation assay.....
> If I use the protein as
> the in vitro antigen, it works fine.  If I use a synthetic peptide
> of the protein (one that works for other labs and for a prior grad
> student in my lab) it doesn't work...
Are you using the same peptide preparation as the former student?  Some
peptides are not what they are supposed to be, and the T cells can tell!

David C. Parker
Oregon Health Sciences University              voice:  (503)494-1498
Molecular Microbiology & Immunology              fax:  (503)494-6862
3181 SW Sam Jackson Pk Rd, L220             internet:  parkerd at
Portland, Oregon  97201-3098