kits for coupling protein A sepharose to IgG

gwj0520 at Msu.oscs.montana.edu gwj0520 at Msu.oscs.montana.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:08:37 EST 1995

In article <95039.153616LVM3 at psuvm.psu.edu>, Lakshmi Madabusi <LVM3 at psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>I am interested in covalently coupling protein A sepharose to antibodies.  Ther
>e are a lot of kits which allow this, but I would like to get a feedback on the
> experience others have had with these kits. Could you please enlighten me on y
>our experience with any of the   kits used for this purpose? Thanks for your re
>sponse.

The method that seems to work best for us involves the use of CNBr-activated
Sepharose 4B beads from Pharmacia catalog number 17-0430-01.  This is a simple
procedure and it has worked well in coupling both IgG and IgM abs.  Pharmacia
also states in their catalog that this is the "method of choice for
immobilizing Ab".  They also have a nice protocol/package insert that explains
the procedure.  Good luck.he