Non-radioactive Cytotoxic Lysis Assay ?

Jorg Kirberg kirberg at bii.ch
Fri Feb 10 04:15:02 EST 1995

In article <199502081543.JAA81341 at audumla.students.wisc.edu>,
ahohji at STUDENTS.WISC.EDU wrote:

> Are there any companies that sell non-radioactive, colorimetric Cytotoxic
> Lysis Assay ?  If anybody knows anthing about it, please, let me know  !!
> Thanks in advance.
>

> regards,

Hi Aki Hoji,

I think Boehringer sells such assays. As far as I can remember it is based
on incorporation of BrdU into target cells and target DNA cell fragmentation
like in the JustAnotherMethod - Assay described by Polly Matzinger, J Immunol
Meth. The remaining BrdU in the high molecular weight DNA is detected with
an Ab specific for BrdU.

Just to mention: I have nothing in common with Boeringer (except that I am
german as well).

The Jam assay works quite well for me and I prefer it compared with the
old Cr release assay in cases where I have to use many targets loaded
with different peptide/-concentations. Otherewise the Cr assay is quite
a good assay, it always worked !

good luck
jorg

Joerg Kirberg                     EMAIL: kirberg at bii.ch
Basel Institute for Immunology    FAX:   41-61-605 13 72
Grenzacherstr. 487                PHONE: 41-61-605 12 77 (lab)
Postfach
CH-4005 Basel

Switzerland