Interleukin injection in nude mouse

Mitch Magee MMAGEE at TCID.TDH.TEXAS.GOV
Mon Feb 13 09:29:03 EST 1995

From: <950206.230447.EST.YVEBLAIS at vm1.ulaval.ca>
> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anybody have experienced injecting IL in mouse? What is  the schedule of
>  injection, once a day? twice a week? Does 100 ng/injection would be sufficient
> to exert physiological response? I plan to use nude mouse as model.

What is the cytokine you will be injecting?  The dose and route of
transfer for biological effects varies among cytokines and may need
to be assessed by a preliminary experiment.  Do you have enough
cytokine to perform multiple experiments or a dose response?  What
effect are you trying to observe and how will you assess the in
vivo effect of cytokine administration?  What is the experience of
other labs using your cytokine and system?

Mitch Magee
Department of Research Immunology
Texas Center for Infectious Disease
2303 S.E. Military Dr.