nuclear run-off

David Morgenstern genejock at dorite.use.com
Tue Feb 14 17:19:40 EST 1995

Can anybody give me any pointers on doing nuclear run-off transcription?

I'm using a protocol from Current Protocols in Molecular Biology that is
based on the method of Greenberg and Ziff (1984 Nature 311:433).  I've also
tried using Tri-Reagent.  In both cases I end up with very low counts in my
RNA (<5 X 10e5).  My nuclei look good, so I don't think the problem is
there.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  How does one figure out at which
step things are going awry?  Thanks in advance for your help.  I can also be
reached at Rrosenth at iupui.indycms.edu