Adherent NK cells: No trypsin please!

Rebecca Schall REBECCAS at PANVERA.COM
Wed Feb 15 14:59:26 EST 1995

>Dear bionet.immunology readers,
>Can anyone suggest or know of a method for removing cultured
>adherent NK cells from a plastic surface?  I don't want to use trypsin
>or a cell scraper because I prefer the cells to be intact.  I've tried
>using Teflon bags (American Fluoroseal Co.) for NK cell cultures ( all
>cells are suspended), however the bags are cumbersome to work
>with.

I was of the understanding that adherent NORMAL NK populations lost
their adherence rather quickly (24-72 hours), yet retained the
phenotype of NK/LAK cells - see the publications of John Hiserodt of
the early '80's on ALAK culture and purification.
Hope this helps-
Rebecca

Rebecca P. Schall, Ph.D.
PanVera Corporation