NK Assay

nuusers nubenne at nurs.indstate.edu
Wed Feb 15 15:52:31 EST 1995

I am working on a study which uses the standard CR51 release NK assay as an
outcome measure. The intervention is probably going to produce a very small
effect size, and I (and my advisor) am concerned that the day to day
variability in the NK assay itself may obscure any effect from the
intervention. It has been suggested that we try freezing the K562 target
cells in lots at the start of the study, to attempt to syncronize the
growth cycle of the targets to reduce variability related to target cell
changes in culture. Does anyone out there have any information concerning
NK assay reliability or use of the suggested method?

Mary Bennett
Nubenne at nurs.Indstate.Edu
Indiana State University
812-237-2667