Adherent NK cells: No trypsin please!

Jorg Kirberg kirberg at bii.ch
Thu Feb 16 04:04:20 EST 1995

In article <3hsa5p$fta at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, msorich at ix.netcom.com
(Martin Sorich) wrote:

> Dear bionet.immunology readers,
>
> Can anyone suggest or know of a method for removing cultured adherent NK
> cells from a plastic surface?  I don't want to use trypsin or a cell
> scraper because I prefer the cells to be intact.  I've tried using
> Teflon bags (American Fluoroseal Co.) for NK cell cultures ( all cells
> are suspended), however the bags are cumbersome to work with.

Dear Martin,

at least for fibroblasts, which adhere very strong to tissue culture
plates, I used to put them after trypsinisation for 1 - 2 days on
plastic bacterial dishes. As these are not tissue culture treated the
fibroblasts (Ltk- i used) could not adhere, They could simply be
washed away by forcefully using a pasteur pipette.

jorg

Joerg Kirberg                     EMAIL: kirberg at bii.ch
Basel Institute for Immunology    FAX:   41-61-605 13 72
Grenzacherstr. 487                PHONE: 41-61-605 12 77 (lab)
Postfach
CH-4005 Basel

Switzerland