T-cell hybridomas

AMRUT S BHOGLE AMRUT at OITVMS.OIT.UMASS.EDU
Sat Feb 18 14:36:50 EST 1995

dear Readers,

	Pardon my ignorance.  I was reading a paper from Nature Feb. 2, 1995 on
Fas-Fas ligand interaction leading to apoptosis in a T-cell hybridoma A1.1
(Activation induced cell death).  I realize that the cell-line (hybridoma) A1.1
seems to be producing interleukin-2 as well as has cytolytic activity -- it
kills (lyses) Fas-ligand transfected cell-lines.  I wonder how could a
functionally mature T-cell have a phenotype of both helper and cytolytic
lymphocytes.  Is this a normal phenomenon?

	Thanks.

	Amrut