HIV and TCell Numbers/Memory

JAF at UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU JAF at UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU
Tue Feb 21 15:03:06 EST 1995

Lots of mouse data says the thymus functions well in adults.  Irradiated
mice reconsituted with bone marrow become noramlly responsive pretty
quickly, as do humans (about a year for people).  Thymectomized mice
irradiated and bm reconsituted do not develope T cell funtion,  so the
thymus must work even though it involutes.