infant immunizations

Wayne R. Baker baker at iastate.edu
Sat Feb 25 16:27:19 EST 1995

In bionet.immunology,  Bart Drake <bjdrak at ix.netcom.com> wrote
:There has been discussion lately about postponing some infant
:immunizations until child is older(two years old) because of side
:effects of some and possibilty of breathing changes causing concerns
:about SIDS.  A tv show( Susan Powter) recently had "experts" on
:concerning this.  I am not a medical person, this new group sounds very
:medically intelligent, but I am asking for a concerned daughter who is
:the mother of her first child- three months old and has immunizations
:coming up.  She just wants to make the right decisions.  Comments
:please. Thank you.

While on vacation, in a moment of weakness, I watched a recent Susan
Powter show where she had on a woman who was giving thermal seaweed
wraps to "draw out toxins" and would, among other things, cure PMS. Ms.
Powter stood there nodding approval.

You need to be talking to a licensed physician. Decisions about a
child's care shouldn't be made on the basis of TV shows or opinions from
strangers.

Wayne Baker (baker at iastate.edu)  	Few things are harder to put up with
4288 Molecular Biology Building  	than the annoyance of a good example.
Iowa State University            	-Mark Twain
Ames IA 50011
  (515) 294 0781