Source of hu-beta2-Microglobulin

Sat Feb 25 13:19:10 EST 1995

In article <1995Feb24.163454.1 at samba.cnb.uam.es>,
Fernando Garcia <fgarcia at samba.cnb.uam.es> wrote:
>Dear Netters.
>
>I am looking for sources of human-beta2-Microglobuline. In the past I have use
>it from Sigma but it becomes very expensive due the big amounts I am using.
> Suggestions are welcome.
>
>Thanks in advance

Greetings, Fernando,

	You could always isolate the beta-2 microglobulin yourself!

	Beta-2 microglobulin is a relatively abundant protein in serum and
in urine.  It was one of the first human serum proteins to be purified, and
thus relatively cheap and crude purification methods would suffice.  Sorry,
I don't have the original references at my fingertips, but I can find them
if you are interested.

--
Unique ID : Ladasky, John Joseph Jr.
Title     : BA Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley, 1989