Will there ever be a Vaccine to HIV?

M.C. Bean mic2mcb at leeds.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 13:42:11 EST 1995

gy,sci.med,sci.med.aids
Subject: Will there ever be a Vaccine to HIV?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 05:23:12 CDT

I  am a final year student of microbiology at the University of Leeds and i am
co-ordinating research for a forcoming debate on HIV in our medical
microbiology class. The motion that we are debating is "This house believes
that there will never be a vaccine for HIV. The group which I am working for
is in favour of the motion (randomly allocated). We have already come up with
the rate of HIV mutation and consequent antigenic variation, the
transmissability of HIV cell to cell which can shield it from the serum
antibodies and some stuff about the presentation of epitopes to T-cytotoxic
cells that we are still trying to understand.

Does anybody out there have any opinions of there own on this subject that
they would like to discuss or any suggestions for lines of research which we
could follow from here?

Thanks in advance

Matt