Immune Downregulation rationale.

Karol W. Gieszczykiewicz karol+ at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 27 23:11:14 EST 1995

Hello

I am a student at the University of Pittsburgh. I am working on a project
whose topic is the following:

What is the adaptive value/evolutionary rationale for the net suppression
of immune function in an organism exposed to STRESS?

I know that depending on the type and intensity of stress, as well as
latency before assaying of immune function, and other factors, the
immune response might actually be upregulated.

I would appreciate any comments, suggested readings, thoughts, etc. from
all you knowledgable Netpeople.    thanks

--
karol+ at pitt.edu   Karol Gieszczykiewicz
521-4447,521-1533,648-2274               HEAVEN IS UNDER OUR FEET