Wang Min johnson_lab at
Tue Feb 28 19:40:50 EST 1995

In article <199502242229.QAA03785 at>,
saboteur at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU wrote:
Just for the record, when Dr.Ding Ming asked...

> >Can someone here enlighten me some important references on how TCR was
> >hunted at the very biginning? i.e., how and by what experiment did people
> >realize that the heterodimetric T-cell receptor was the surface receptor
> >to recognize foreign antigens by T lymphocytes?
Brett Lindenbach (Lucille P. Markey Student in Human Pathobiology,
Washington University) responded that...
> Mark Davis used subtractive cloning to obtain the first TCR sequences.
> Kappler & Marrack followed using biochemical approaches.
   Tak Mak's group (T'ronto?) reported the first TCR sequence data.  I
think Davis's group published in the same issue of Nature.   Kappler &
Marrack's groups had previously shown that a single receptor is
responsible for MHC-restriction and antigen-specificity, using hybrids
between T cell hybridomas with different specificities.