Baker's ABx and avian antibodies

Martin Blankfard Mblank at
Fri Jan 6 15:58:44 EST 1995

In article <hydex004.789401431 at> hydex004 at (Frederick W Hyde) writes:
>Newsgroups: bionet.immunology
>From: hydex004 at (Frederick W Hyde)
>Subject: Baker's ABx and avian antibodies
>Sender: news at (Usenet News Administration)
>Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 14:10:31 GMT

>Hi all....

>Has anyone out there in the net had any experience with purification of
>avian antibodies from egg yolk with Bakerbond ABx resins?

>If so, how did it work, and were any special protocols followed?

>Fred Hyde

Purification of avian antibodies is best done using affinity
chromatography with affinty purified goat-anti Chicken IgG bound to a least in our laboratory.  These antibodies can be purchased from
a number of suppliers.  The next best method is ion exchange chromatography.
 We have not used Bakerbond ABx.  If you need procedures for performing the
affinity chromatography just email me!

Martin Blankfard
Mblak at
Kirkegaard and Perry Laboratories.