How many T cells in a mouse?

mdcabl at cc.newcastle.edu.au mdcabl at cc.newcastle.edu.au
Tue Jan 10 06:13:38 EST 1995

Hi all,

If anyone has even a clue as to where to find this tidbit of info if not the
answer itself PLEASE let me know.  I need this information desparately.
How many TOTAL T cells are there in a mouse?  Of course, any extra information
like how many T cells in a mouse are directed at the same epitope would also be
a great help.
I have seen the combinatorial data on B cells relating to antibodies
(10x8 antibody specificities) but nothing on T cells except the fact that they
of course have less diversity. I don't know where to start looking for such a
weird fact. I don't actually want to have to put a mouse in a blender.
Thanks in advance,
Allen Black
Dept. of Pathology
Univ. of Newcastle