MHC

Joachim Dagg joaccigh at aries.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE
Fri Jan 20 09:06:36 EST 1995

I learned, the MHC is involved into cytotoxic reaction
(killer-T-cells) and in the proliferation of B-lymphcyts. Is it also
involved into the suppression of immunity reaction and vasodilatation
mediated by T-lymphocyts? I've got the feeling, the MHC is involved in
every immunity reaction, and still I could imagine an immunity system
designed totally without a MHC. That means I don't see the
physiological or evolutionary necessity for it. Why doesn't the
B-lymphocyt just proliferate, after it bound its antigene? And how is
the probability rised to an efficient amount, that an antigene
specific B-lymphocyt (which has already bound its antigene and
presents on its surface) meets the T-cells, specific for exactly the
same antigene?
Joachim (joaccigh at w250zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de)