recommend a text?

Naushad Hirani bi610 at
Thu Jul 27 11:42:20 EST 1995

Caro Field (Carolyn.Field at wrote:
: lancaster mary jane <marylan at> wrote:
: >         I'll be taking a basic immunology course this fall and wondered
: > if anyone could recommend a textbook for me to read in advance to
: > prepare.  I am presently reading Cellular and Molecular Immunology by
: > Abbas, Lichtman and Pober.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

: _Essential Immunology_ by Ivan Roitt (Blackwell Scientific Pub.) is quite
: good. I think it's up to the 8th edition (purple cover) these days.

/Fundamental Immunology/, edited by W. Paul is also an excellent
reference.  I think the latest edition is 1994.
Naushad Hirani, BSc
maverick at
bi610 at