Raising anti-peptide antibodies (a question)

Tim Dunn t.dunn at mailbox.uq.oz.au
Wed Jun 14 19:28:12 EST 1995

In article <DA2vHp.K31 at midway.uchicago.edu>, scb1 at midway.uchicago.edu wrote:

> We are discussing, in our lab, our plans for raising addition anti-peptide
> antibodies against regions of the thromboxane A2 reeceptor.  We've already
> question: "Can we immunize a single rabbit with a mixture of all three
> (KLH-conjugated) peptides?"
> We do question, however, whether or not a rabbit will produce all three
> antibodies, and whether or not there will be a problem since the antigens
> will be relatively similary (KLH +/- a particular 10-12 residue sequence).
I sure hope this approach works!
I have just decided to use two KLH conjugated 13 res. peptides to immunise
a single rabbit. After lots of discussion in our lab, the consensus was it
OUGHT to work, though I haven't heard of other labs using this approach.
I'll know in a month or two.....

Tim Dunn
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology
University of Queensland
Australia 4075
e-mail t.dunn at mailbox.uq.oz.au
phone  (07) 365 4565