Can anyone tell me what these epitope scans are?

Luke Scicluna scicluna at ivi.ch
Tue Mar 14 08:10:23 EST 1995

Scicluna at ivi.ch

Could anyone explain to me what Genosys's Spot Kit or Chiron
Mimotopes Epitope Scanning kit are in the following  message:

To: immunology at net.bio.net
From: "Edward Seijo (BIO)" <seijo at chuma.cas.usf.edu>
Subject: Has anyone epitope scanned recently?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 03:07:05 -0500

	I am writing my thesis proposal and I am considering using
either
Genosys's Spot Kit or Chiron Mimotopes Epitope Scanning kit. Has anyone
used either one of these kits?  Is there a way of epitope scanning
potential nonlinear/conformational epitopes? Can anyone suggest an
alternative strategy; my peptide is 425 a.a. long.