TH3 cells?

David Peritt Peritt_d at a1.mscf.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:01:18 EST 1995

In article <3kolh2$b8k at styx.uwa.edu.au> Alec Redwood,
aredwood at uniwa.uwa.edu.au writes:
>: Can anyone tell me about TH3 cells and/or direct me to an article.

These cells were coined by those working in EAE model.  They found high
TGFb producers when fed MBF orally.  The cells did not fit into neat TH1
or TH2 so they coined the term.  I think this is bunk.  There is no clear
Th1 or Th2 anyway.  These cells are far more versatile than those in
murine leishmania would have you believe.  But read the papers on EAE and
decide how to answer the reviewers.  It may be one of those original
authors since TH3 has not been accepted by the Immuological community.