Immunoblotting and gels

pastuer crm at
Thu Mar 23 21:53:37 EST 1995

In article <D5v4M5.Euu at>, guss at (Joel--Overland Park
KS) says:
>I am looking for some information that will basically describe to me how
>to run gels and how to blot and how they work.  One sourse that someone
>recommended was catalogs that sell kits for these things; even though
>are just trying to sell it, they really do provide good explinations on
>how it works.  Does anyone have any more ideas?
>thanks in advance.
>                                -joel
>                                 guss at (Kansas City)
>The Biorad catalog has a complete set of instructions.  You can even buy
precast acrylamide gels from them if you don't want to cast your own.  I
would suggest you try blotting to pvdf instead of nitrocellulose and the
ECL kit from Amersham which uses luminol instead of radiactivity or
colorometric changes is a good way to see your results.