adrenergic -noradrenergic nerve fibres

Ed Purcell epurcell at
Tue Nov 14 10:08:57 EST 1995

In article <4856p4$g8e at>, schmitt at (Dr. O. Schmitt) says:
>I'm looking at antibodies against noradrenergic and adrenergic nerve
>fibres. Do you know how to visualize these nerve fibres in the peripheral
>nervopus system by immunohistochemical, in situ hybridization or receptor
>-ligand methods?
>Thanks, Oliver.
>For immunohistochemistry, you could use anti-dopamine beta hydroxylase
(Eugene Tech), but if you have access to a fluorescent scope, a nice
technique is glyoxylic acid induced histofluorescence.  A reference on
this methodology is de la Torre, Neurosci Lett 17:345-355 (1980).  If you
want more info let me know.

Ed Purcell
epurcell at