GMP-Grade Plasmid DNA

Robert WHALEN whalen at pasteur.fr
Wed Oct 4 05:31:06 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues,
        I am working in the area of DNA vaccines, in which simple plasmid
DNA molecules are introduced directly into tissues for the purpose of
expressing an antigenic protein and thus inducing an immune response.
Compared to other vectors used in gene therapy, the plasmid DNA is quite
innocuous, and clinical trials can therefore be designed with one less
problem to confront.
        However, GMP quality plasmid DNA must be prepared or obtained from
a qualified supplier. My question then is: Do any of you know of a
commercial concern that would be able to prepare GMP-quality plasmid DNA
for phase I and/or II clinical trials?
        A related question is: Are there other research groups out there
among you who would be interested in having access to such a production
facility?
        Thank you,
                                Bob Whalen

NEW on the Internet!

  Visit the DNA Vaccine Web at http://www.genweb.com/Dnavax/dnavax.html
       Robert WHALEN
       Biochimie Cellulaire - CNRS URA 1115
       College de France
       11, Place Marcelin Berthelot
       75231 Paris cedex 5, FRANCE
       Tel: +33-1-44.27.13.13 (office - direct line with answering machine)
       Fax: +33-1-44.27.13.09
       Tel: +33-1-45.58.11.15 (home - with answering machine)