Rasmussen's Syndrome

Daniel T. Barrett, D.C. barre007 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon Oct 9 16:36:51 EST 1995

On 4 Oct 1995 14:21:28 GMT,
Bob Kobrin  <70252.3014 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>We have a friend whose young daughter has been diagnosed with
>Rasmussen's Syndrome, a siezure disorder caused by a form of
>chronic encephalitis. Thus far, the only effective treatment is
>surgical hemispherectomy.
>
>There has been some conjecture that the disease has an autoimmune
>origin. Does anyone have any information on this, or know of
>another newsgroup I could try?

Try the newsgroup paracelsus, it's subcribers specialize in
alternative healing methods.  Prior to hemispherectomy
(relatively risky, outcome uncertain, irreversible procedure),
it would be prudent to exhaust conservative alternatives,
including chiropractic, homeopathic and perhaps acupuncture.
Nothing is lost by investigating, and we don't really know what
causes these things.  Good luck,  Daniel T. Barrett, D.C.