Need help dissociating antibody from antigen

Faust faust at aol.com
Sat Oct 14 07:00:33 EST 1995

I'm interested in quantitative determinations of total anti-p24 antibody
in HIV+ serum. I want to see if there is a significant ammount bound in
complex in mypatients, but have been unable to find a method to safely
separate the abfrom Ag. The acid techiques used to measure dissociated
antigen appear to destroy/denature the antibody.
If anyone has a method, or even any ideas I would greatly appreciate it if
you would post them here or mail me. Even if you know about a technique
that has not been used in HIV I'd like to try it.

Thanks,
Michael Langlois
Maxwell Finland Lab. for Inf. Disease
Boston City Hospital