Digitonin

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 18 11:25:57 EST 1995

I'd like to lyse cells with digitonin, but I'm not clear on the
preparation of the digitonin itself.  I note that some people use Aldrich
digitonin, and go through a fairly elaborate preparation (either
recrystallization, or preparation one week in advance followed by letting
it sit and filtering out crystals, I think).  Others don't make any
comments about special preparation.  I note that Sigma sells two forms of
digitonin - one is noted 'for aqueous preparations'.

Does anyone have experience with digitonin?  Comments on preparation,
suppliers, use?

Thanks for any help.

Ian

--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627