Cd4 on macrophages

Keith R. Kuhn kkuhn at
Fri Oct 20 14:54:10 EST 1995

In article <465aot$m4c at>,
   Giorgio Spagnol <spagnol at> wrote:
>Dear fellow netters,
>I read somewhere that macrophages also have the Cd4
>Unfortunately I cannot find the reference anywhere, and I
cannot trust
>my memory entirely.
>Could anybody help?
>Thanks in advance
>I had just posted a similiar question to the other day.  CD4 is expressed on
monocytes / macrophage and langerhans lineages.  I have
some good sources, but did not find a reference until Mike
Collier (thanks again) passed the following along to me.
Wood GS, Warner NL, Warnke RA. Anti-Leu3/T4 antibodies
react with cells of monocyte/macrophage and langerhans
lineage.  J Immunol 1983:131:212-6.
I was reading in the Journal of Clinical Pathology when I
came across the mention of CD4 in monocytic lines.
In determining cell lineages in leukemias one will need
more than CD4 & CD8 (e.g. CD2).  Hope this helps