IgM competitive capture ELISA

David Beasley d.beasley at qut.edu.au
Mon Oct 23 20:19:16 EST 1995

I posted an article here a while ago asking for some help with regard to
some IgM capture ELISAs I'm doing.

I have been trying capture ELISAs in 96-well plates from several
manufacturers, and it seems that the majority of the antibodies are
coating ok but cannot bind the antigen when it is added to the plate (maybe
because the antibodies can't alter their conformation very well?).  So
now I am looking for alternatives.

At the moment I am setting up to try blotting the antibodies onto nitrocellulose
and then do a capture ELISA on the membrane, but I was wondering whether
anyone has any other suggestions as to how I could immobilise these antibodies.

Thanks,

David B.