class switching M hybridomas

Robert Burns burns at
Wed Oct 25 14:34:34 EST 1995

Hi all,
       does anybody out there have experience of class switching M
hybridomas to G. I don't have access to a FACS for sorting, so it
would have to be done manually by cloning. I have heard of people
doing it by this method and wondered how feasible it really was.
Also I know that highly specific isotyping reagents would be needed
to identify the class-switched clones. Many of the reagents we have
looked at across the years give some cross reactivity with some
other isotypes, does anybody know of a good source?

Robert Burns

Monoclonal Antibody Unit
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency
East Craigs