Zinkernagel & Doherty - MHC Restriction Experiment

coffey coffey at bsa.bris.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 12:00:37 EST 1995

gilligan at earth.cnct.com (John Gilligan) wrote:

> Hi.  I'm currently an undergraduate taking a class in Immunology in New York City.
>
> As part of our class, we have each been assigned to present an important research
> paper in the Immunological field...
>
> My presentation will be on: RM Zinkernagel & PC Doherty's 1974 paper: "Restriction of
> in vitro T-cell mediated cytotoxicity in lymphocytic choriomeningitis within a
> syngeneic or semiallogeneic system."
>
> I understand the basic premise behind the paper and most of the results, but since
> this is a full-fledged presentation, I think I need to know more.
>
> Can anybody recommend any good books / journal articles / etc.. that discuss this
> paper IN DETAIL and are very SPECIFIC about the results and conclusions drawn...
>

> Thanks in advance...
>

> John Gilligan
> gillligan at earth.cnct.com

John, You have caught me on the hop for this, but having just completed
my degree relatively recently and covering the same topic, I can help you out.
Off the top of my head, read "cellular interactions" (I think thats its title)
by a guy called Len English. There is also a book by Abbas et al which is fairly
good on this stuff. Contact me by email, and I'll send you the rest of my notes.