Zinkernagel & Doherty - MHC Restriction ExperimentSKIP/NEWSGROUP

walker at mbcf.stjude.org walker at mbcf.stjude.org
Tue Oct 24 18:37:25 EST 1995

In article <46bgfk$9aa at mars.cnct.com>, gilligan at earth.cnct.com (John Gilligan) writes:
> Hi.  I'm currently an undergraduate taking a class in Immunology in New York City.
>
> As part of our class, we have each been assigned to present an important research
> paper in the Immunological field...
>
> My presentation will be on: RM Zinkernagel & PC Doherty's 1974 paper: "Restriction of
> in vitro T-cell mediated cytotoxicity in lymphocytic choriomeningitis within a
> syngeneic or semiallogeneic system."
>
> I understand the basic premise behind the paper and most of the results, but since
> this is a full-fledged presentation, I think I need to know more.
>
> Can anybody recommend any good books / journal articles / etc.. that discuss this
> paper IN DETAIL and are very SPECIFIC about the results and conclusions drawn...
>

> Thanks in advance...
>

> John Gilligan
> gillligan at earth.cnct.com

Check out the Journ. Amer. Med. Assoc. October 5th issue 1995
for a review by Peter and Rolf on MHC restriction in assocation
with the Lasker Awards.  Give history of the experiment and

William S. Walker, Ph.D.
Department of Immunology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Memphis, Tennessee USA 38105-2794