What kills DNA in blood?

Scott Davis addavis at BETA.LOYNO.EDU
Wed Oct 25 14:56:36 EST 1995

I am not too sure if this answers your question, but if you are working
on detecting parasite DNA or viral DNA, as long as the organism is
replicating its genome within the body you should have detectable DNA
levels.  I have seen success in detecting only a few femptograms of
parasite DNA by PCR.  I hope this helps in some way.

Scott Davis
Loyola University
New Orleans, La USA