Rubella and Pertussis titers

Kimberla Kae Baertlein kimberla at teleport.com
Thu Oct 26 16:03:05 EST 1995

Hi, I am needing some help regarding some lab results.  I have some
really good hunches, but would like additional input.

I am a parent with a child that has autism.  I had some lab tests taken
on my son and the results are as follows:

Reference range for Rubella is <less than 0.9
My son was 1.7
My son is 5 1/2 years of age and his last DPT was March 92, about 3 1/2
years ago.

The test was done by Elisa method at Speciality Labs in California.
The 1.7 is IgG antiboties, not Igm.

What this says to me is that his body is producing rubella antibodies.
Since this is IgG it would be chronic infection.  His IgM was normal,
this would rule out acute infection.

Reference range for Pertussis is <less than 10
My son was 15
Cuttoff points for Pertussis IgG
0-10.............Not detected
11-20............Indeterminate
21-60............Low positive
Greater than 60..Positive

My son is in the indeterminate with the 15.

Could anyone share any information regarding these lab results?  I hope
this post makes sense.  Please reply to the following email address:
<kimberla at teleport.com>
Sincerely, Kim-Oregon
--
kimberla at teleport.COM  Public Access User -- Not affiliated with Teleport
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-28800, N81)