Anti-mouse Fas for westerns??

N Ho eatkinso at gpu5.srv.ualberta.ca
Sat Aug 3 16:39:55 EST 1996

Does anybody have (or know where to buy) an antibody directed against
mouse Fas/CD95 that can be used to detect the protein on a western blot?
For most other purposes we use the Jo2 antibody from Pharmingen, but it
appears to recognize a conformational epitope and so is no good for
detecting the denatured protein. A number of new anti-Fas antibodies have
recently become available from different companies. Does anybody have any
experience with these things? (I'd be interested in hearing about
people's experience with the new antibodies for things other than westerns
too).

Thanks in advance.
Eric

Eric Atkinson	      *		"When they said: 'Repent, repent',
Dept. of Biochemistry *		I wondered what they meant".
University of Alberta *			Leonard Cohen
Edmonton, Alberta     *
Canada		      *
T6G 2H7		      *