position searching

hangehf at PUBLIC3.BTA.NET.CN hangehf at PUBLIC3.BTA.NET.CN
Thu Aug 8 11:44:42 EST 1996

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a research assistant in the Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine. Last year, I got my doctor degree of microbiology and immunology. I have experience on molecular biology, virology, vaccinology and also immunology. I want to find a position in US. Although till today my works are all about Hantavirus, I'd like to accept any works in the fields I mentioned above and I have the confidence to do them well. Anyone have interesting please contact me with the following e-mail address: hangehf at public3.bta.net.cn.

I enclose my CV below. I am just waiting for your response.

Sincerely yours,

Yao Shuyuan, Ph.D
Institute of Virology, CAPM
#100 Ying Xin Jie, Xuan Wu Qu
Beijing 100052, CHINA

CURRICULUM VITAE
YAO SHUYUAN, Ph.D.

Address
National Laboratory of HFRS, Institute of Virology ,
Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine(CAPM)
#100 Yingxin Jie, Xuanwu Qu, Beijing 100052,
P. R. China
Tel.  0086-10-63539775         Fax.  008610-63532053
E-mail: hangehf at public3.bta.net.cn

Sex: Male.  Birthdate: 26/03/1969. Birthplace: TangShan, China

Research Interest:
Molecular Biology, Virology and Immunology

Education:

1991--1995
Ph.D. Microbiology & Immunology.
Institute of Virology, CAPM. Beijing, China.
Dissertation: Preparation of vaccinia virus vectored vaccine against epidemic
hemarrhagic fever(EHF).
Mentor: Dr. Hang Changshou. M.D. & Prof.

1987--l991
Bachelor degree of Science. Virology and Molecular Biology.
Dept. of virology, Wuhan University. China

Experience:
l995--      Institute of virology, CAPM
Construction of recombinant RNA based on the Semliki Forest Virus(SFV) replicon
in order to express the nucleocapsid protein and glycoprotein of hantaan virus.

1991--1995  Institute of Virology, CAPM
1. Preparation and characterizations of candidate virus strain (PS-6) for killed
vaccine against EHF.
2. The cloning and sequencing of M genome segment of Hantavirus chinese isolate
PS-6 strain.
3. Co-express M and S segments of Hantaan virus genome in    vaccinia virus
TianTan strain. Development of vaccinia virus-vectored vaccine against EHF
4. The studies on virulence of Hantaan virus:
    a. The selection of attenuated virus clone.
    b. Establishment of animal model and virulence markers.

Feb.--July.1991  Institute of Developmental Biology, Academia Sinica, China
The cloning and sequencing of homologue sequence of Anti-Freeze Glycoprotein in
fresh water teleost genome.

Memberships
Chinese Association for Medical Virology
Chinese Association for Gene Engineering

Hobbies:
Computer science:
1.familar with all systems on PC such as OS7.5 for MAC, OS2 Wrap, WindowsX and
also Win95;
2.can make small programs in C++ ; have some experience on operating database;
3.familiar with databases on molecular biology such as GenBank, EMBL, Entrez,
PDB and PIR on net;
4.familiar with anaylysis softwares on molecular biology; have experience on
molecular analysis and structure prediction.

Referees:
1. Prof. Hang Changshou, MD, Chief of the Dept. of HFRS, Institute of Virology,
CAPM. #100 Ying Xin Jie, Xuan Wu Qu, Beijing 100052, CHINA.
Tel. 0086-10-3539775, Fax. 0086-10-3532053.
2. Prof. Li Dexin, MD, Dept. of HFRS, Institute of Virology, CAPM.
#100 Ying Xin Jie, Xuan Wu Qu, Beijing 100052, CHINA.
Tel. 0086-10-3539775, Fax.0086-10-3532053.
3. Prof. Ruan Li, MD & Ph.D, Chief of the Dept. of Genetics, Institute of
Virology, CAPM. #100 Ying Xin Jie, Xuan Wu Qu, Beijing 100052, CHINA.
Tel. 0086-10-3529224, Fax: 0086-10-3529224.
e-mail: ruanl at public3.bta.net.cn

Publications:
1. Construction of genomic library of a fresh water teleost(leuciscus waleckii)
and detection of it's homologous sequences of anti-freeze protein gene.
Chinese Journal of biotechnology, 8(2) 192-196,1992
2. Establishment of markers for virulence of Hantavirus
Chinese Journal of Virology, 11(4):298-304,1995
3. Cloning and transient expression of M genome segment cDNA of Hantaan virus
chinese isolate A9
Chinese Journal of Experimental and Clinical Virology, 9(4):332-336,1995
4. Sequencing of M genome segment cDNA of Hantavirus chinese isolate A9
Chinese Journal of Virology, 10(1):1-5, 1995
5. Screen of candidate strain for Hantavirus-type inactivated vaccine against
EHF and it's characterization.
Chinese Journal of Microbiology and lmmunology. in press.
6. Co-expression of hantaan virus' M and S segments in vaccinia virus Tiantan
strain.
Chinese Journal of Virology. in press.