ANYBODY KNOW OR HAVE THIS ILLNESS?

Emmanuel Huchet emmanuel at VCN.BC.CA
Sat Aug 10 16:45:44 EST 1996

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mind, a sixty-five year old man
who has been bothered with an as-yet undiagnosed malady...  Any help or
pointers in a useful direction would be greatly appreciated.

ANYBODY KNOW OR HAVE THIS ILLNESS?

In November '95 it started with a viral lung infection.  Painful to
breathe and lots of whitish sputum, a drop in blood pressure and loss of
weight.  In March '96 it invaded the sinuses, eyes, nose, etc.

When it somewhat subsided, all facial parts including scalp, roof of
mouth, gums, etc. were numb (apparently this has something to do with
Nerve Centre #5).

This condition still persists today.  Also from about this time, all
fingers, toes and nose go white at the slightest drop in temperature.  On
my thigh a large area of skin has a burning sensation but is numb
otherwise.  Leg muscles are sore and energy in general is at half-mast.

Medics are at a loss.  MAYBE YOU CAN HELP.